Nitrogen tire inflation is used in the most demanding applications—race
cars, U.S. military and commercial aircraft, tractor trailer fleets, even by
NASA—and now in passenger cars and light trucks. Oxygen escapes quickly
through tire rubber; nitrogen is 20-30% slower.
Why Use Nitrogen?
Nitrogen filled tires stay properly inflated longer, offering these
- Fewer tire failures.
- Less wheel rim corrosion because nitrogen is drier than ordinary air.
- Up to 3% better fuel economy, according to the U.S. Department of
- Maximum tire life—up to 25% longer compared to tires underinflated by as
little as 5 psi.
- Smoother, more consistent handling.
- Better cornering.
Your Nitrogen Inflation Experts
- Rely on the experts at Tire Warehouse for nitrogen inflation, as well as
quality replacement tires, the lowest total price, and a complete range of
- Schedule an appointment
online. Or, stop by at your convenience. Same day appointments
are available. We’re open evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays at most
For even more great information on nitrogen, visit our Learning Center for Frequently Asked Questions!