Did you find this content useful? If so, please share!
Nitrogen Tire Inflation
Nitrogen tire inflation is used in the most demanding applications—race cars, U.S. military and commercial aircraft, tractor trailer fleets, even by NASA—and now in passenger cars and light trucks. Oxygen escapes quickly through tire rubber; nitrogen is 20-30% slower.
Why Use Nitrogen?
Nitrogen filled tires stay properly inflated longer, offering these benefits:
- Fewer tire failures.
- Less wheel rim corrosion because nitrogen is drier than ordinary air.
- Up to 3% better fuel economy, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.*
- Maximum tire life—up to 25% longer compared to tires underinflated by as little as 5 psi.
- Smoother, more consistent handling.
- Better cornering.
Your Nitrogen Inflation Experts
- Rely on the experts at Tire Warehouse for nitrogen inflation, as well as quality replacement tires, the lowest total price, and a complete range of tire services.
- Schedule an appointment online. Or, stop by at your convenience. Same day appointments are available. We’re open evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays at most locations.
» For even more great information on nitrogen, visit our Learning Center section for Frequently Asked Questions!